150g Vegan spread
275g Self Raising Flour
1tsb Instant coffee
3tbsp Golden Syrup
4 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
300ml Soya Milk
1tbsp lemon Juice
1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Stir the lemon juice into the soya milk and set aside.
- sieve the flour, cocoa, caster sugar and bicarbonate soda into a large mixing bowl.
4. In a pan over a medium heat, melt the butter, syrup and coffee together.
6. Pour the milk and melted spread mixture over the four mixture and whisk until it becomes a smooth batter.
7.Divide the mixture between the two prepared tins and bake for 30-35 minutes.
N.B-In the meantime, make the frosting.
75g Non-Dairy spread
200g powdered icing sugar
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
8.Mix all of the ingredients together until thick and smooth.
9. Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
10. When the cakes have completely cooled, sandwich together with half of the icing. Spread the remaining icing over the top of the cake and decorate accordingly 🙂